A sale on tomatoes at my favorite farm stand in Walworth, so I bought a flat. (Who could not LOVE a farm stand when the farmer's last name is Pepper. Actually Mr. & Mrs. Pepper were neighbors of the Rambow's back in the 50's and 60's, but then I guess that is another story.)
Trying to think of what to do with them all. I have eaten BLT's now for 2 days. I was kind of thinking that the breakfast casserole in the previous post might be good with a few chopped tomatoes in. Spaghetti Sauce doesn't excite me and I only like fruit salsas, like peach and mango. Any other suggestions?
What about making pizza sauce? Or just having garlic and olive oil and then cheese with slices of tomatoes on top.
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy, Em.
ReplyDeleteMay I also suggest sliced French bread with chopped tomatoes and garlic and then either feta or goat cheese and lightly broiled.
I think you should make ketchup! Pete's sister Ruth always used to make ketchup when she had her big garden - it was much better than Heintz. And you can just can it in pint jars.
ReplyDeleteI think you should make ketchup too and give me some at Christmas! Yummm.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the ketchup. AND you get to leave the high fructose corn syrup out.
ReplyDelete