It was the annual Christmas Party at Vintage on the Ponds. We attended last year and were entertained by a huge buffet, a nice "one man band" ( guitar and electric piano) with a wonderful voice ( he even sold CD's) and I won a door prize--- a great LLBean wind-up flashlight. The party is a bit of excitement in a very dull world.
This year was also great- although Jeff was disappointed there were not little wieners and meatballs in BBQ sauce like last year. Piano and drum duets, acoustic guitar and Girl Scouts entertained us. When we arrived, my mom was sitting next to one of the more mobile male residents of the home, Bob. At the Valentine's Day Ball last year Bob really danced up a storm with not only female residents but the staff. I think in his youth Bob would have been a "ladies man". He had those women really swinging around without their much needed walkers. During this Christmas Party he was REALLY excited to be sitting next to Rachel.
Bob also had lots of food, on his plate, on the table and on the floor. Peanuts were everywhere and I kept trying to brush them back towards him. Unfortunately, we got up to get food and came back to my "pureed only food" mom eating peanuts. At the same time an aid stopped by with a piece of lemon meringue pie for her and said " I don't think Faith can have peanuts". Well she may not be able to have them but she sure enjoyed them and did a good job of chewing them up!
They only give out 8 door prizes and I won again. I selected a wreath and we put it in my mom's room. Jeff also won. He picked out this odd, 18" long snowman ornament that would complement a Dr. Seuss themed Christmas. It is kind of cool but we are all puzzled as to what to do with it. I didn't take a picture of Jeff with his prize but if we figure out some way to use it I will post it.
Your mother looks lovely - and you three girls together are a pretty picture! I'm so glad you can enjoy those times with her. Too bad they didn't have the little BBQ wieners this year - but I'm very impressed with their tablecloths! And with your good luck winning door prizes!
ReplyDeleteFor parties, the tablecloths are indeed cloth and by the end of the day VERY Messy and Stained.
ReplyDeleteOne of the desserts was that Cherry Pretzel torte. I think every table had some cherry pie filling spilled on it somewhere. Glad I don't have to wash all of them!