Monday, January 5, 2009

Darleen Still Whining

I just looked my birthday up and I was born on a Wednesday. You know, "Wednesday's child is full of woe". Well, my woe has lifted a little... I am finally feeling better, coughing less and my nose is no longer running away. BUT NOW Rachel and Jeff both have it. I sure hope they get better faster than I did. The cool water vaporizer has been running non-stop for weeks now and will probably run a few weeks more.

My biggest problem right now is I can't get out of the house. Well, I could if I wasn't afraid of falling. The back porch,
including the steps are a glare of 1" thick ice. The sidewalks and driveway are all covered in ice. Smooth, clear, nice ice. I could skate if I still skated. The neighbor behind me worked on his driveway ice yesterday and again this morning. I have seen him fall already 3 times and it's not like I just spend all my time watching him. I just glance up and there he is falling again. Even the snow looks like it is covered in ice. (Jeff actually tried to "plant" our Christmas tree in a large snowbank yesterday and the trunk kind of bounced off the icy snow.)

I'm thankful I don't have to go anywhere today but tomorrow is another story. I may have to slide carefully across the back porch out to the steps, try sit down carefully and bump down the 3 steps on my bottom. I might bet a little wet and cold but that way if I slip, I will already be down! Then to get to the garage.... hum. I will have to think about that.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Darleen!
    I'm glad your cold is better - hopefully you'll have a completely healthy household very soon! Yeh, the ice has been nasty. But we did have some melting today - especially on the blacktop. Remember, the days are getting longer - spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only had my 3 lessons, but can I come skate at your house?

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!