Monday, October 12, 2009

Fresh Tomato Pie


I made this pie last Thursday and it was very good. Here is the recipe the way it was supposed to be and then with the changes I made:
Fresh Tomato Pie
2 c Bisquick
3/4 c milk
4 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
1 green pepper, sliced
1 t dried basil
1 t dried chives
1 t dried parsley
1 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together Bisquick and milk. Press into bottom and up sides of a greased 9" pie plate. Layer the tomatoes and green pepper in the pie plate, sprinkling each layer with the herbs. Combine the cheese and mayonnaise and spread on top. Bake 20-35 minutes, until the crust and top are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I did not have the chives or parsley, so I used the dried basil and some Italian seasoning. Also, I added more cheese.
I hope some of you will try it. If you do, let me know what you think. I believe I got this recipe from my aunt, or my cousin.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Wish we lived closer...I would have shared! I have been covering my parsley, chives and basil plants every night with sheets and then a cardboard box. They are still hanging in there, but all my tomatoes are gone now.

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!