This is what I would have been eating and doing tonight if it wasn't going to snow 12-15":
5:45 pm, Main Lounge
Wassail bowl and hors d’oeuvres
Wassail bowl and hors d’oeuvres
6:45 pm, Great Hall
Presentation of the Boar’s Head
The Grand Processional and caroling
Presentation of the Boar’s Head
The Grand Processional and caroling
Tudor Feast
Chopped romaine with Kalamata olives, Feta and balsamic vinaigrette
Jeff was having Cornish game hen with raspberry puree
Darleen was having Curried vegetable paella with asparagus
Roasted baby red potatoes
Herb garden vegetables
Flaming Figgy Pudding with hard sauce Ceremonial
Jeff was having Cornish game hen with raspberry puree
Darleen was having Curried vegetable paella with asparagus
Roasted baby red potatoes
Herb garden vegetables
Flaming Figgy Pudding with hard sauce Ceremonial
Banquet Ceremonials
Strolling minstrels
The Figgy Pudding Ceremonial
A Yuletide Toast
A Celebration of Song from the
Philharmonic Chorus of Madison
Carols for singing by all
Jeff is trying to get the snow blower ready right now. Good thing I always have a backlog of projects to finish, I don't think we will be going anywhere for awhile.
Too bad you have to miss your big evening out - but I think you've made a wise decision. I just watched the weather report - Yikes! Tis a good night to stay home. Hope Jeff gets that snowblower working. Unfortunately for me, Pete is out of town, and there is NO WAY I can handle the monster snowblower sitting in my garage. Hopefully I'll be able to get out in the AM. I'm thinking there may be no Meals on Wheels in Marshfield tomorrow! And, as long as you know what your menu was going to be at the Tudor event, I say you do it your self and plan that same menu for a meal this weekend! You certainly are a creative cook - just add a little pageantry and you've got your own special event!! I"m sure Jeff & Rachel would love it!!
ReplyDeleteThat is sad. We are suppose to get a lot of snow tomorrow too. Although I don't think the storm has a name.
ReplyDeleteI would like a tudor dinner too. I will make figgy pudding. But I'm not sure what it is.
Last time I had figgy pudding it was like a dense cake filled with dried fruit baked in a cute little individual mold. Moist though, not like a dry fruit cake. And it was soaked in some kind of alcohol, and more was poured on it and it flamed. Brandy I think. And after the flames went out they put a little dollop of sauce on it.Fun.
ReplyDeleteIt is snowing out really hard and the wind is blowing. Around noon today highway 41 was closed for a long time as there were so many accidents AND THAT WAS BEFORE THE STORM EVEN STARTED. It was just snowing then.
Hope you get out of the driveway Jackie. Jeff always backs the cars in the garage so he can get a good attack on the hill made by the snowplow.
Wah, wah, wah. Boo hoo hoo. Why oh why oh why do I live up north? We only got 2 inches in that storm and another couple last night. Boo hoo hoo hoo.
ReplyDelete