It's hard to tell, but that's me in all my gear, preparing to begin my first ride on my new (to me) 2001 Triumph Bonneville. The ride went really well, no troubles at all. It was the most fun I've had on a roadway since … at least my first permit, maybe ever.
If any of you are interested in getting into the hobby, I definitely recommend taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Basic RiderCourse. It's a fun weekend of learning how to ride.
Congratulations Bryan! You look pretty cool sitting on that "beast"! Just be careful on those crazy Boston streets - although I bet parking will be much easier! Are we going to see a picture of Amanda riding on the back? Enjoy!
ReplyDelete:) Thanks! I'll tackle Boston at some point. For now, there's still plenty of Lexington and Cambridge to explore.
ReplyDeleteAmanda says she'll get on at some point, but that's a while off - I'm not even riding with bags/luggage/etc. yet, let alone passengers!
She is beautiful Bryan. I love the color. You do look very smart and stylish in all your protective wear and sturdy shoes.
ReplyDeleteI don't know anything about Triumph Bonneville motorcycles. Actually I don't know much about motorcycles in general, but I hear the Harley's "potato, potato, potato" in too many parking lots and the roar of too many Harley's driving by my house ( lots of around the lake rides) ...so is this motorcycle quieter? I do notice it has a nice large chrome muffler! Bet it has great gas milage. I can just hear Amanda, "Bryan is out with Bonnie for a few hours !" As you gain more experience it sure will be fun to travel the scenic roads in MA, NH and Vermont together--Amanda along too I mean.