As I wrote down the title of this post I was just thinking we could sing that to the tune of "Smoke on the Water". (When I was teaching in Port Wing the graduating class chose and sang that song as their official Senior Song. Which I though was very inappropriate. )
ANYWAY, the winds last week really blew the ice around and pushed it up on shore. Some of the hills look 15- 20' high. I am not sure what this shore ice is called, for now I will call it the "Continental Shift of Ice".
The neighbors behind us were all really worried about their boat houses.
Here is another closeup so you can gauge ice thickness before the break up. Guess we don't have to travel far to look like we live in the Arctic.

Great pictures! When I first saw them, I thought Emily was up at Lake Superior - I know she visited Joe & Deanna last week. But, alas, it is fickle Lake Winnebago! Growing up on the lakeshore, I remember seeing these ice piles before - but it was usually in the spring, when the ice was breaking up after the long winter. Unusual in December! Thanks for the memory~~~~
ReplyDelete