Nothing new or exciting to report from the home base here.
Joe has been bull dozing his way through the forest north of Duluth for a few weeks now. Not bringing home too many ticks, which is nice.
The last few nights we have had awesome displays of lightening bugs. Fun to watch.
No garden this year, just a few tomato plants in pots on the deck. I have not had luck with those much, but I have to try. We are going to work on the garden, maybe adding another timber to make it deeper and amending the soil with more dirt, some compost and some sand. I would like to have a permanent fence around it, something pretty of course, but not sure if or when that will happen. For now we use rebar and fencing, which we put up in the spring and take down in the fall.
We have had cool weather alternating with warm weather most of the spring/summer so far. Some days are downright hot and some nights are pretty chilly. Many lovely blue sky days with fluffy white clouds, and then days like yesterday where it would sprinkle a little, then the sun would come out, and then it would pour, then repeat. You have to love weather.
So, what is the weather doing in your necks of the woods?
Amanda and Bryan, how are you liking your new home?
Andrew and Jill, what is new in the Big City? We have to come visit some time, soon I hope.
Anyone??
That's it for now. Honestly one day soon I will have Joe show me how to get pictures into this new computer so I can add them to my posts.
Love, Deanna
It has been cool here Deanna, not that I am complaining. Just odd weather. It seems it is either raining or 65 degrees. The earth is a sponge that can't absorb any more water. Everything that likes dry roots is too wet, my asparagus is unhappy, my rosemary refuses to grown....The only thing we seem to grow really well is baby rabbits. The second hatch has already occurred - Jeff found 3 babies about 3" long today in a nest by the tiger lilies in the front yard. I really love them-right up until they start chewing highways in my hosta. I have several older siblings living by the pond. Seems they get excited by the lawn mower, which results in rescuing them from the window wells. I think we may need a relocation program soon.
ReplyDelete