Even though we live in California now, it is noticeably autumn here. It might get down into the fifties overnight. I was even chilly walking home from dinner last night. It was great.
On Oct. 11, we went to the San Francisco Human Rights Campaign gala at the Westin St. Francis in Union Square. We've supported the organization and attended the Boston event for the past few years, so we thought we'd give the one here a try. It was fun - the food was good, and the other people at our table were interesting and friendly. I made it through almost the entire evening in my high heels before I had to switch to flats, and we do like an occasional excuse to dress up. I was outbid on the silent auction item I wanted, a small painting, but that's probably okay. We got to hear Nancy Pelosi speak - she was not quite as inspirational as Elizabeth Warren last year, but I suppose I do need to get to know our elected officials soon. (Our absentee ballots have arrived, but we haven't filled them out yet.)
Now, on to the important stuff. It was Jill's idea, but now that we have registered, I am going to go ahead and invite everyone: we are going to do the Festival Foods Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning in Fond du Lac. Bryan and Jill are going to do the five-mile run, but I signed up for the two-mile walk, in hopes that some of you might want to come with me. Emily said she'll come walk with me - anyone else in? More info/registration at http://www.festivalfoodsturkeytrot.com/. It will be bright and early, 8:00 a.m.! (If you don't want to walk, I think you can still come and cheer us on if you're awake that early!)
That sounds so fun to come and walk with you and Em and everyone else. I would if I could, but alas we will be driving down on Thanksgiving Day. I will be with you in my heart on the drive. So looking forward to seeing everyone! I have so many hugs saved up that you better watch out!
ReplyDelete