Friday, October 30, 2020

Northwoods Projects

 Hello! Our first two weeks in the Northwoods have been lovely, beautiful, and cold! I've been wearing the slippers that Darlene gave me for Christmas nearly non-stop. And that means I've worn through the floss holding on the soles.

I decided that this time, I'd try a single-piece sole, instead of the separate forefoot and heal pads. And, I expanded it to cover the whole bottom, moving the stitching to the outer edge. I'm hoping this means that I walk on the stitching less, and that means the stitching doesn't wear through as fast.





This is also the first official project (other than unpacking and reassembling a bookshelf) in what was sold to us as a "third bedroom", but we have decided to call the "project room". All the craft supplies live here, as well as room to use them. The couch is here to relax as well, or to be converted into that third bed when guests become a regular thing again.


Amanda was also working on footwear - assembling our new snowshoes! We're prepared for the cold and snow to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!