Thursday, March 9, 2023

Rustic Roads of Waushara County

 This winter, I've been posting video recordings of the Rustic Roads that I rode my motorcycle down last year. I thought you all might enjoy this week's episode (number 16), because it includes R102, the closest Rustic Road to Shack II. As far as I can remember, that's the first Rustic Road sign I ever noticed, possibly on the way to our wedding shower. Eighteen years of "planning", and I finally made it down on a whim thanks to that heat wave we had in November.

R102 starts at 8:45, but there's also a covered wooden bridge around 0:45, which I always enjoy.


4 comments:

  1. We have searched on many of those roads for winterberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot, that was Darleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that covered bridge - is that Saxville?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot this blog doesn't send me comment notifications! Sorry for ignoring y'all.

    Jackie: Correct. It's west of Saxeville, just before you read County A.

    Darleen: The time before this that I tried to navigate these roads, I almost declared us lost. It seems like everything is named Cumberland right around there! It was worth it to find the other sections of the Ice Age Trail, though.

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!