I made this cake for Bryan for Valentine's Day. It is amazing. I would have taken pictures, but we ate it.
http://www.grist.org/advice/daughter/2009/02/12/index.html
Instead of cocoa powder on top, I just used more frosting, and sprinkled some flaked coconut on top. It is always appropriate to show one's love with chocolate.
How right you are! Chocolate always works! I'm going to check out your recipe. I need something new for the ladies of the club!
ReplyDeleteJackie: Since you meet in the evenings and cannot be called "the ladies that lunch," you could be called the ladies that munch!
ReplyDeleteI had to go look in my old recipe files because the cake sounded similar to one I used when I taught Home Ec. Yup! It is the updated version of the "No-Mess Chocolate Cake".
ReplyDeleteMy 1970's recipe used plain vegetable oil, all white flour, plain salt and plain water. I would think the modern version would have more flavor and texture.
What made the "no-mess" odd was that you mixed all the dry ingredients right in the baking pan, poured the liquid ingredients on top, gave a little stir and baked it. Twenty five to 30 kids making it at the same time... it still was messy!