Friday, September 18, 2009

Weeding and Risers or Cleaning Up the Basement

I am so excited. Jeff just sawed AND installed risers for the top 4 basement stairs. Well, I think they are called risers-the back part of the step so the stairway is no longer open. I have such high hopes as before dirt, leaves, pebbles etc from our shoes would fall through the open back onto what was stored below.

I am so optimistic that I moved almost all of our Christmas ornaments into the cabinet under the stairs. (The homemade ornaments fit in a small box and I found room for them in the kitchen. I didn't like all that paper and yarn in the basement anyway. )

Fitting the decorations under the stairs involved a little ornament weeding. We got rid of a few things in really poor condition. It feels good to get it organized and I can't push too far. If we compare all Jeff's boxes of Christmas ornaments to my boxes of reed, yarn and fabric, Jeff's Christmas collection is really, really small!

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying this again. So the URL is the web address? I just wanted to say how I'm impressed with your organization results! Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have to fill in a web address did you?
    I have not had time to go back and work in the basement since that day. But every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We finally put the backs on our stairs, too. That was a few years back now, but now I put all of my basket stuff under the stairs and it doesn't get as dirty either.

    Must be Christmas purge year. I went through my Christmas stuff, with the help of a friend, and got rid of quite a pile of things. Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!