The nickel is in there to help you judge the size. The market is about 1 1/2" by 2" by 2" high. The bushel basket is about 2" in diameter and almost 2" high. Too bad no one plays with Barbie in this household anymore, Barbie and Ken could go on a picnic.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Two Tiny Baskets
I just finished two little baskets of walnut and ash and since they are a gift I thought you might like to see them before I give them away later today. The market was just fun to make, the bushel basket, from it's waxed linen twined base, to tucking in such a small space to the 1/8" round oval ash rim was just miserable to weave. I must have soaked the rim for 6 hours and it still wouldn't bend easily. But overall I love weaving with real wood.

The nickel is in there to help you judge the size. The market is about 1 1/2" by 2" by 2" high. The bushel basket is about 2" in diameter and almost 2" high. Too bad no one plays with Barbie in this household anymore, Barbie and Ken could go on a picnic.
The nickel is in there to help you judge the size. The market is about 1 1/2" by 2" by 2" high. The bushel basket is about 2" in diameter and almost 2" high. Too bad no one plays with Barbie in this household anymore, Barbie and Ken could go on a picnic.
3 comments:
1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.
2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".
3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".
4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".
5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet baskets Darleen! You have patience! I got frustrated just trying to make Barbie doll clothes (back in the day!)! Much less Barbie baskets! They almost look too cute to give away!
ReplyDeleteWeaving a Barbie basket is much easier than putting in a Barbie sleeve!
ReplyDeleteMy Barbie's always went to the mall.
ReplyDeleteSweet baskets!