Prom was last Saturday. Rachel looked lovely in her full-skirted black ballgown. I especially liked her hair, which was just big curls and very low on the back of her head.
Jeff and I went to the "Presentation of the Juniors". When Emily was a junior they just walked across the gym. Not anymore. Now, while up on stage, the junior class members had to climb 4 or 5 steps to the top of the choir raisers, walk down the raisers to the front of the stage and then out. I was terrified! I couldn't see how Rachel wearing such a long full skirt, could possibly do that without tripping, even holding onto Coleman's arm. ( Think Scarlet in "Gone with the Wind" running up and down that big curved stairway. Rachel needed both hands to hold up all that shirt) To make matters worse, her shoes were like flip flops but with high heels.
Well, she did just fine-- they even wore their matching sunglasses while doing all this climbing, but I sure held my breath for a while.
Where did this gorgeous woman come from? What did you do with my young girl, Rachel?
ReplyDeleteRachel ~ you are absolutely lovely ~ and a gorgeous dress, too! I agree, you need to find a few more formal events to wear this beautiful dress! Shall we have a Tea Party? And we can all wear our formals??
ReplyDelete