Are you all covered with mayflies? This radar image is pretty crazy! Looks like an invasion, centered just south of La Crosse! http://gizmodo.com/5555462/what-is-this
In other news, it was a crazy, busy week at work. Tomorrow, we are going to a wedding in New Hampshire in the afternoon, then I'm meeting some friends who are in town for a Wellesley reunion for dinner, and Bryan is going to a bachelor party for another friend who's getting married in a few weeks.
I bought a dozen basil plants today, because our seedlings turned into a bunny salad bar. I hope these more robust ones will do better.
I saw one on my back porch. Actually I didn't know what it was and had to google. More bugs than ever this summer. Still have lake flies and cloud swarms of little tiny bugs all over. The insects are just different this year--big clouds of bugs but also shorter smaller clouds that are close to the ground around all my garden beds. I just wish they wouldn't fly up my nose so often.
ReplyDeleteI tell Jeff it is because too many people spray their houses for spiders! Same old yearly spraying issue at our house. It is scary. Since we have not sprayed for several years, a new species of spider appeared last summer,a large creepy white one. The porch was loaded with them. I am just sure it eats lots of other annoying bugs. Well, I am hoping it does anyway, because it sure is scary looking.
We keep all of our spiders in the basement. One will venture upstairs now and then, but I try not to think about it. Not my favorite creature. Too many different kinds.
ReplyDelete