Monday, September 6, 2010

What we did today...

I washed doilies; mostly made by my Great-Aunt Mamie and my Grandmother Selma and two from my neighbor Judy. (well I think from Judy, might be some from my God-Mother Helen. I really need to mark them somehow). I learned from my Great Aunt Irene if you let they dry flat they are easier to iron or you may not need to iron at all..








Then we also watched the butterflies. For several days now our yard has resembled the butterfly screen saver from our old computer. Mostly monarch and viceroy but also a few yellow swallowtails.

I counted 9 monarchs and two bumble bees.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely doilies! Are you going to use them for our Tea Party? What a stunning collection!

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!