Thursday, February 3, 2011

Darleen Whines Again

I got a pneumonia shot on Tuesday in my right arm and the nurse warned me it would be sore. Although I was and continue to be diligent to keep that arm moving, "Sore" is a HUGE understatement. I was unable to pull up the blankets to cover myself last night with the "sore" arm. That's Nuts!

3 comments:

  1. A little whining is OK. Make sure you get that "shingles" shot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had the shingles shot? I have asked for it for several years and they won't give it to me until I turn 60.
    The pneumonia shot was suggested as I seem to get some type of pneumonia every 3 years or so ever since I caught chicken pox from Emily at age 39.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've had the shingles shot! I volunteered for a clinical study at the Marshfield Clinic a couple of years ago to determine whether the shingles vaccine was effective for those in the 50-59 year-old age group. Our clinic won't give it to anyone under 60 either. Anyway, I found out last fall that I was in the group that got the actual vaccine. So I'm hoping it works for me! I've just seen too many of the old folks I take care of so debilitated by shingles. I'm going to make Pete get it this year, too (now that we'll both be turning 60!). So I think as soon as you can get it, you should!

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!