Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trip to St. Lukes

Had my first visit back to St. Luke's this morning since the ASD closure. I had three tests, all in different hospital locations! ( I felt like all I did was ride up and down in the elevator all morning and take off and put my clothes over and over again)

I was to meet with my doctor at 11:30 but due to some emergency he was running over an hour behind. Since Jeff needed to get to work I rescheduled for next week BUT IN THE MEANTIME his nurse has emailed me several times. The tests taken this morning show no shunt of blood across the septum! Hurrah! If you recall I still had a small shunt immediately after the closure, so the heart tissue must be growing just dandy over the occluder device.

I also picked up my first payment of $100 for being in the test study of the occluder device. ( I think after this I only get $25 a visit) Will come in handy as the bills are arriving by the mailbox full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!