In 2002 I had two surgeries and Jeff had a few little sun damage things done. It was enough that I could actually take some of it off on our itemized deductions.
Well, this year my heart advanced us into the big leagues--Last week I got the bill for the catheterization to check my valves and heart pressures. That was just over $23,000. I didn't think too much about it. It is a delicate amazing procedure and our insurance covered about $20,000 of it. It is about the cost of a moderate car. I expected the 2nd cath to be slightly more but about the same price.
Today I got the bill for the cath for the ASD closure. $64,903.95 WOW It is not that I don't think it is worth it or that I feel it is too expensive BUT I just have never had personal health bills this high! It just boggles my mind that it is just soooo much money for one day! If I add $96.05 to the bill, it is what we paid for our house in 1989!
We have met our family deductible the year. Thank goodness we have health insurance. I feel very lucky that Jeff has a good job and can pay our portion of all the bills. I am pretty sure that I will be able to itemize some medical deductions on next years taxes. I am just lucky. But at the same time I can't get over the fact that now my heart has had repairs costing the same as a house and a car.
No comments:
Post a Comment
1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.
2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".
3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".
4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".
5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!