![]() |
| The whole picture |
| Detail on the pockets |
Grey corduroy, with lining and pocket piping in a pattern called "oil slick" that reminded us of a Turkish marbling class we took a couple of years ago. They needed a bit of alteration after their initial assembly, and the front pockets still aren't quite right (internally), but they pants wear nicely otherwise.
Next up is the matching jacket. :)

Oh Bryan, If I would have had you in one of my adult ed classes, oh my, you would have just brought tears to my eyes! Your sewing skills and ability to follow the patten directions just amaze me. Amanda must be a wonderful teacher. A Bound pocket--oh gosh, it just makes me so excited. It has been years and years since I put in a trouser zipper like that, I don't think I could even do it anymore. In fact I can't even remember what that placket is called. Do you have more of that great marbled fabric? I have a tie pattern.......a matching tie would be quite dapper! I think I even have a surplus supply to share of the special interfacing that is used for ties.
ReplyDeleteGreat work Bryan! It's so fun to see your completed project! I can't wait to see the rest of it!
ReplyDeleteWay cool!!!!
ReplyDeleteDarleen: Indeed, I do have more of the marbled fabric … but it's already reserved for the lining of the matching corduroy jacket. :)
ReplyDeleteI did just watch a few videos about making ties, though. It looks like there's all sorts of different ways to make them. The videos I saw are here: http://putthison.com/post/5639458690/the-necktie-series-part-ii-the-manufacturing-process