Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Putting up for Winter.

Ever since Jackie sent Emily a copy of "Blueberries for Sal", oh about 25 years ago, I have had this "nesting" feeling as fall arrives. So far this year I have made plum jelly ( yes the plum tree produced again this year) and grape jelly and juice. Strawberry jam was made last June but I guess that still counts as "putting up for winter". 

My CSA makes me try new things, and as a result I have made many new recipes this fall. Most are frozen, I am not a canner-yet. 

 Ina Garten's Recipe for Stuffed Cabbage


 Fresh Tomato Soup 

And this week I made Green and Red Tomato Ratatouille. I was skeptical as I am not fond of eggplant (except to watch it grow). THIS will now be my eggplant recipe. This morning it really perked up my scrambled eggs. 

The plans for today include herbs; freezing in water, preserving in vinegar, and drying some. If I can find more eggplant, I might go out and pick more green tomatoes. I may even sneak next door to the neighbors-I noticed they have a ton of green tomatoes they are not using!

1 comment:

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!