Doesn't anybody have anything to say? Are we all just eating frozen meals and watching tv all the time? (well I did watch the season finale of Smallville last Thursday but that was it. I don't watch often enough... Where did Lana go?)
Jeff and I are planting. We have been unable to plant any of the garden because about 4 weeks ago the township decided to "fix" the drainage tiles that run along the back side of our property. The contractor ran into some problems (pipes rusted and not connected from property to property-- but it WORKED) and we have not seen them for 3 weeks. About 100 feet along our far back lot is a trench filled with gravel and water, ending in a pit surrounded by snow fence, containing more water. Of course, the lot has a nice little "lake" in it now.
During this period we have had lots of rain. The drainage system is not working at all now. Normally we have a little standing water on our low lot ( the far one from the house) . Now we also have standing water on the middle lot. Aspen forest, chicken house, garden, asparagus bed , apple "orchard"... yup anywhere you walk in that 2nd lot, you either hear the "splash splash" of walking in shallow standing water or the "slosh slosh" of walking in mud.
We have enjoyed a few meals of asparagus but I am concerned the bed will die. Of course we have called the Town chairman numerous times but I guess the contractor had some HUGE emergency elsewhere. Meanwhile here at "Lofty Maples" the sump pump runs 24/7 and we don't know which direction to point the hose anymore.
Somebody write something please.........I like to know what everyone is doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.
2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".
3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".
4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".
5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!