Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Leaving Comments

After writing your comment in the white box, you still have to drag down under "Select Profile" to "Name/URL" and write your name in the box (unless you are signed in and then your name will already be there). You do not need to put anything in the URL box.

Then click "Post Comment". I have noticed since I removed some controls that after the click the program is now giving you a window with a chance to "Edit" if necessary so a 2nd click must be make to "Post Comment" before it really posts. Or, if you read it and want to edit, click edit, make your changes and then " Post Comment" again. I don't know why that is. Before the edit was right by the profile selection.

Anyone familiar with Pieter Bruegel painting? I am often reminded of it when I am giving computer advice.

The painting is called The Blind Leading the Blind and just in case you can't tell from this small photo, one by one they are all falling into a large pit.

2 comments:

  1. When we get close to that pit, I'm just going to hang on to you Darleen!! I think you know how to step around it so we don't fall in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least if you landed on me it would soften your fall!

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!