Friday, December 2, 2022

December 2, 2022

We could argue about whether this book is a Christmas book - and I'm sure plenty of people on the internet have - but since I received this book as a Christmas gift, it is winter in Narnia when the story begins, AND Father Christmas makes an appearance, I have decided that it qualifies!

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

We could also argue about whether this is the first book in the series. It was the first book published. However, newer editions have been reordered in chronological story order, where it falls second (after starting with what was the sixth book). Regardless, it was MY first Narnia book and will always be first for me. 

Find a copy and learn more:

Over the past year, I listened to the audiobooks of all seven Narnia books. There are definitely aspects of the stories that are problematic through the lens of the present including racism and glorifying British colonialism. However, the stories are still intriguing, and the newest audiobooks are read by some famous voices. 

If you want a deep dive into all things C.S. Lewis, starting with the Chronicles of Narnia, I can recommend this article series: The Great C.S. Lewis Reread at Tor.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!