Wednesday, December 7, 2022

December 7, 2022

This book is another that's part of a series, and while I know I read some of the others, this is the only one of the five books that I remember. I read it in fourth or fifth grade, and I remember that it was scary. It was a Newberry Honor Book in 1974, and like many great books for young people, it concerns the never-ending battle between the forces of good and evil. There are threads of Arthurian legend, Celtic and Norse mythology, and English folklore.

The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper

Find a copy or learn more:

The BBC is releasing a podcast adaptation beginning on Dec. 20, 2022, over twelve days. I am looking forward to listening, although it's unclear whether it will be immediately available in the US. The introduction is available now, if you want a taste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!