Tuesday, December 6, 2022

December 6, 2022

I asked Bryan to nominate a holiday book, and he reminded me of this one. It is the twentieth novel set in Terry Pratchett's Discworld universe, and I think I read it in college - one of Bryan's roommates was a Discworld fan, so I worked my way through his collection.

Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

There is also a British miniseries adaptation of this book, although I don't think any streaming service currently has it available. 

Find a copy or learn more:

After, or while, reading Hogfather, you may also enjoy this four-part series of discussion and analysis in the Terry Pratchett Book Club at Tor.com.

1 comment:

  1. Terry Pratchet writes great comedy, and one of the best and most well-known from this book is:

    'You can't give her that!' she screamed. 'It's not safe!'
    IT'S A SWORD, said the Hogfather. THEY'RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.
    'She's a child!' shouted Crumley.
    IT'S EDUCATIONAL.
    'What if she cuts herself?'
    THAT WILL BE AN IMPORTANT LESSON.

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!