Friday, December 16, 2022

December 16, 2022

Bryan was joking when he suggested this book, but I am declaring that it can be a winter book merely because of the title. This book was published in 1992, but I think I first read it when I was in college. It is reportedly the inspiration for and genesis of lots of technology concepts and words that are common today. 

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Find a copy or learn more:

Bookshop.org

eBook via Libby

Or borrow the copy on our book shelf!

1 comment:

  1. ❤️ Seriously. "Metaverse" (as a coined term - William Gibson's Neuromancer had a very similar idea a decade earlier), robotic attack dogs, "mind virus", a floatilla of ships operating as an independent nation. Really interesting futurology.

    ReplyDelete

1. Click in the white box below and write your comment.

2. Immediately below that box see "Comment as" and to the right of that a scroll down box that says "Select Profile".

3. Scroll down to "Name/URL".

4. Type in your first name, leave the URL blank. Click "Continue".

5. Click "Post Comment" and you are done!